3AM Submission Policy
General rules & policies for our writers:
Submissions are the lifeblood of 3AM. We don't pay our writers (theirs is a spiritual reward) but we have a liberal open-door policy designed to encourage and facilitate new writing. Our preference is for fresh, innovative and irreverent writing. With the following caveats...
- Familiarize yourself with 3AM and look at what kind of writing we already carry. Would your style of writing fit & make sense here?
- Articles submitted to 3AM should be unpublished. If you are submitting work which has already appeared in print or online, please let us know beforehand.
- There's no need to pitch ideas to us. Just write your article and if we like it, we'll publish it.
- Quality over quantity PLEASE. We do not publish pieces over 3000 words so please keep your writing as concise as possible.
- Submissions should be sent to the relevant Editor or Co-Editor. If you are unsure who to submit your article to, send it to email@example.com.
- If it's your first time submitting an article, please include a third-person biography and a picture of yourself that is at least 150 x 150 pixels.
- PLEASE do not ask our editors when your work will be published. We're on it, there's just a lot of content to process these days.
- Style requirements: 3AM is a loose, eclectic forum for literary upstarts, degenerates and loose cannons -- we can't imagine why anyone would send us anything vaguely 'academic' in style, but please don't. Nor do we wish to receive anything bland or obvious. Though there is no political 'line' at 3AM, it goes without saying that we do not condone hatred or discrimination. We're not huge fans of genre fiction either.